MERJE are exclusively retained on the Search for a Finance Director for a PE Backed Fintech organisation.
Backed by world class investors the organisation provides world class analytics, software, UX and a deep understanding of data to provide a range of compelling financial services products, operating in the UK and Internationally.
They are seeking a seasoned Finance Director to lead all aspects of financial management to include forecasting and planning, corporate and regulatory structure, and support capital raising efforts when required.
Key responsibilities Include
• Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction and is responsible for creating the company financial strategy
• Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all budgeting, and financial reporting, helping to drive the company’s financial strategy and hiring needs
• Coordinate the development of the annual operating, capital, and program budgets, and reporting against the same
• Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations,
• Comply with all relevant financial requirements
• Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT and reporting systems
• Responsible for the overall company capital and entity structure with the objective of creating optimal tax and profitability goals. Partner with internal and external tax teams.
• Motivate and inspire teams by providing direction and guidance
• Be a process champion ensuring continuous optimization and refinement of processes in finance, budgeting, forecasting, and operations
• Work with executive leadership to implement effective cost management plans and practices
• Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives
• Monitor performance with tracking, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting for the management team, board, and the rest of the company
• Be a steward of the balance sheet and ensure the company operates in a manner consistent with its resources and risk appetite
Being a qualified Accountant, with 7-10 years’ experience operating in the Financial Services industry, ideally with experience of credit and at least 5 years in a management position. You will have the following skills
• Demonstrated team building and leadership skills, with strong oral and written communication skills and ability to present at board level
• Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexity such as system implementation, fund raising, and business unit structuring
• Experience in managing teams and projects in highly regulated environments dealing with sensitive customer data and applying appropriate governance measures
• Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills
• Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative
• Experience within the credit industry and consumer lending in particular and mastery of the business model levers
• Strong financial modelling skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex financial models and using these for forecasting and decision making
• Familiarity with US GAAP standards a plus
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly on 0161 883 2740.