19 days ago
Our client is a rapidly expanding Insurance business who are going through a period of growth and are making a significant impact across the market. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm in the role of Compliance Officer. The Compliance team plays a critical role in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of the Group. The team adds value through helping improve the internal control system; bringing a rigorous approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of the compliance framework, control and governance processes. As the Compliance Officer you will have the opportunity to develop and manage a risk-based compliance programme across all group companies, ensuring the group have an efficient and operational governance, risk and compliance framework.
- Responsible for all aspects of the group’s regulatory and legal obligations, ensuring continuous adherence and appropriate monitoring to substantiate compliance.
- Participate in the development of and fully manage compliance programmes across all business functions.
- Manage compliance programme for outsourced activities, suppliers, and sub-brokers ensuring appropriate due diligence is in place.
- Manage relationship with the FCA (Principle 11).
- Collaborate with the internal audit function to ensure audits are carried out on key risks, and risks identified in audits are appropriately recorded and managed.
- Collaborate with the complaints team to ensure material and process are FCA compliant, reporting is appropriate. Reviewing root cause analysis and corrective actions noting any risks and ensuring ongoing development to mitigate any risks and ensure compliance.
- Support an environment that balances innovation and compliance to result in a can-do culture.
- Provide valuable insight and MI on compliance matters to senior management monthly.
- Establish and manage policy and procedures to ensure TCF is embedded.
- Ensure compliance information is cascaded to all staff and ensure compliance is covered appropriately in the training programme.
- Lead and manage the establishment and maintenance of compliance &/or regulatory policies, procedures and processes to ensure they support the business in satisfying compliance requirements and reflects operations.
Skills and experience:
- Significant compliance experience within the insurance industry.
- Detailed knowledge of FCA regulations.
- Hands on approach with ability to work at a fast pace, ensuring compliance task completion in a pragmatic and timely manner.
- The ability to support and influence colleagues in relation to their compliance responsibilities.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.