c.£50,000 + Benefits
6 months ago
Our client is a highly respected and long established organisation who are currently looking to recruit the newly created role of Risk & Compliance Officer. Reporting to the Head of Compliance you will play a key role in the efficient running of the firm’s compliance function which consist of Advice, Monitoring and Risk teams. You will play a key role in ensuring sound compliance and risk management practices are implemented.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate effective 2nd line of defence for the business in regard to risk management activities
- Identification and reporting of risks and incidents, completing conduct risk assessments and supporting the emerging risk processes
- Ongoing support and development of the Compliance Monitoring plan
- Keeping abreast of all regulatory developments that impact the business and ensuring that these are communicated and rolled out across the business accordingly
- Assist in the design and delivery of training and coaching in regard to risk and incident management to the 1st line of defence and 2nd Line Compliance team
- Conduct administrative and secretarial support to the governance committee’s outputs in relation to Risk reporting and Risk Management
- Compilation of data for risk and governance meetings ensuring arrangement of meetings, agendas and papers are issued, taking minutes and tracking actions as directed
The ideal Candidate:
- Significant knowledge of FCA regulation and how it should be applied
- A good understanding of the Financial Services marketplace, experience across areas such as Insurance, Consumer Credit or Investments would be beneficial.
- Experience of compliance advice, monitoring / conduct risk ensuring fair customer outcomes
- Ability to engage with key stakeholders, working collaboratively to ensure sound business outcomes
- Ability to write and compiles committee papers, that are compelling and with absolute grammatical accuracy.
- Ability to Self-motivation, resilience and enthusiasm for the job
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.