This role will sit within the Compliance department and will primarily focus on providing second line monitoring for Collections and New Business departments. This role will help ensure that team members adhere to the correct regulation, and to ensure any trends and insights are communicated back to the teams in a timely manner.
- Plan and conduct risk-based customer outcome testing reviews within the second line of defence to assess whether effective controls are in place for business to meet its regulatory obligations through adherence to its policies, procedures and processes.
- Assist in completing, updating and reporting on the Compliance Monitoring Programme.
- As part of the second line monitoring, determining the remedial action required, which would include assessing whether existing policies, processes and procedures are sufficient to facilitate regulatory compliance. Where gaps are found, these are communicated to the Compliance Manager effectively and in timely manner.
- Oversee the implementation of appropriate remedial measures to agreed timescales, where deficiencies have been identified. Working with the business areas to provide ongoing feedback and assist with improving compliance within their respective department.
- Deliver allocated Compliance Monitoring activity on a quarterly basis in adherence to the Compliance Monitoring Programme.
- Prepare draft and final outcome testing reports for discussion with the Compliance Manager and the Head of Compliance and other members of the senior management team, if necessary.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a second line monitoring role for an FCA regulated lender, ideally a motor finance lender.
- High levels of attention to detail, with the ability to take a step back and take a holistic view prior to providing feedback to the business.
- Knowledge of excel, producing and presenting monitoring management information.
- Ability to liaise with high-level stakeholders.
- End-to-end customer journey review experience, including point of sale, collections, complaints and customer service interactions.
- CONC, GDPR, DISP and CCA knowledge.