£30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
9 months ago
My client is a well-known entrepreneurially led consumer finance business looking for a Compliance Monitoring Officer who will report to the Head of Risk & Compliance and be responsible for undertaking risk-based monitoring of regulated activity to establish if regulatory objectives are being met and good customer outcomes are being provided.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake Compliance Monitoring within the Secured Lending business to include FCA, ASA, DPA, OFCOM and any other regulatory matters as they arise.
- Conduct monitoring activity independently and to a high standard; assessing whether the 1st line of defense has effective management, control and oversight.
- Identify any areas of operational risk or compliance failure within the business and work with management to develop action plans to rectify these failures.
- Provide timely reports to senior management on the findings of monitoring activity, as per the Compliance Monitoring policy and methodology, in a timely manner
- Examine and verify that action plans have been delivered in line with expectations and to test that these have successfully been implemented where appropriate
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of regulatory standards taking into account changes in regulation and legislation
- Previous experience of working in an FCA regulated business within a compliance department
- A good understanding of how risk based monitoring should be applied.
Regulatory knowledge to ideally include:
- Conduct of Business rules (CONC); (MCOB); (ICOB)
- FCA Principles for Business (PRIN)
- FCA TCF outcomes
- Training & Competence
- Complaint Handling (DISP)
- Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR)
- Data Protection Act (DPA)
- Conduct risk
Salary range is broad and will be entirely commensurate with experience.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.