21 days ago
Our client is a well-known Financial Services business who are currently looking to recruit a Compliance Monitoring Manager, reporting to the Director of Regulation, the role involves ensuring the successful development of the firm in line with the strategy identified in the business plan including fulfilment of the FCA requirements.
- To ensure the risk-based Monitoring Plan meets the rules of the Financial Services and Market Act and to monitor progress against the Plan.
- To identify gaps and develop, implement and monitor the rules and guidance of both regulations and Partnership.
- To supervise the monitoring team on a day to day basis to help achieve targets and monitor business risks in accordance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures, both desk and field based.
- Create and implement an effective interfaced monitoring programme across the business (both Branch network and internal) by combining desk based and branch unit monitoring.
- Ensure compliance with the FCA requirements by assisting Policy and Development in the maintenance and development of Branch and Department manuals and implementing and monitoring procedures to ensure the requirements are being followed.
- Carry out responsibilities for staff training and development, including supervision, appraisals and the monitoring and assessment of personal development objectives.
- Ensure that effective supervision takes place for all CF30s and other staff by monitoring adherence to CPD and Training and Competence guidelines.
- Ensure effective and timely approvals of financial promotions, monitoring of audit limits, overdue accounts.
- Take responsibility for dealing with customer complaints efficiently and effectively including contributing to FOS responses.
Key skills & experience
- Proven experience in a Compliance monitoring role within and FCA regulated business.
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with senior stakeholders
- Previous experience in financial services or similar regulated industry