c. £55,000 + Benefits
3 months ago
Our client is a well-known and highly respected Insurance business who are currently looking to recruit a Compliance Manager for an initial 12 month FTC. In this role you will help the firm to remain compliant with all relevant regulatory requirements as well as providing the business with updates on any new consultation papers and policy statements.
Key responsibilities include:
- To identify, interpret and advise on current, new and emerging financial services regulatory requirements. Disseminate this information as appropriate throughout the group providing implementation advice and on-going support as necessary ensuring the Board and its Committees of any changes that they need to be aware of.
- To liaise as appropriate with the FCA / PRA and other regulators on behalf of the group on issues pertaining to regulatory matters.
- Ensure that relevant regulatory returns and notifications that fall under the remit of the Compliance Function are prepared and submitted to the FCA / PRA and JFSC as appropriate ensuring that all regulatory requirements and deadlines are met.
- Develop, maintain and disseminate written company-wide / non-function specific policies and procedures relating to all relevant financial services regulatory requirements and activities across the group. Work with departmental and team managers to ensure that their function specific process documents meet compliance requirements as necessary.
- Maintain and monitor a system of compliance monitoring across the group to monitor the firm’s adherence to regulatory and other legal and non-legal requirements within the company’s risk appetite. Report findings from compliance monitoring activity in accordance with the company’s risk management framework and appetite.
- Where appropriate, review and sign-off on customer communications to ensure that they comply with relevant financial services regulatory requirements.
- Take the lead in working with external consultants appointed to provide support on compliance matters ensuring that engagements are appropriate, adequately scoped, monitored and that delivery is reviewed.
The ideal Candidate:
- Diploma in Compliance from the International Compliance Association or similar.
- Working at a senior level within a Compliance function in the financial services sector;
- Excellent knowledge of relevant financial services regulatory requirements;
- Proficient in reviewing and understanding regulatory and legal regulations, guidelines and other documents and translating this information into a form that the business can readily understand;
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.