MERJE have been exclusively appointed on behalf of this small but entrepreneurially led organisation who design and build bespoke insurance schemes, providing unique insurance solutions with ongoing management and support.
To facilitate ambitious growth plans they are now in a position where they want to recruit a dedicated Compliance Manager to operate in a brand new role where you will be supporting the Chief Executive & Senior Management in the delivery of the Compliance & Risk Strategy plan so as to:
- Ensure the Company complies with all relevant regulation/legislation
- Work with key stakeholders across all areas of the business to provide advice, guidance and as necessary, management on any parts of the firm’s FCA planning and regulatory obligations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with design, development and maintaining of an annual compliance strategy & monitoring programme
- To regularly monitor and update the systems and controls to ensure that they are performing the function that they should
- To work with the Chief Executive in setting up appropriate systems and controls to ensure that the firm meets its regulatory obligations, these will include
- Organisation charts and job roles
- Business Strategy
- Risk Assessment and strategy processes
- Business Continuity Plan
- Audit and monitoring functions to ensure that staff are competent to perform their roles and that they are following the procedures and processes correctly
- Develop and implement agreed strategies that support the Company’s compliance to relevant regulation and legislation
- Keep up to date with regulatory and industry changes and provide guidance so that the business can implement appropriate systems and controls to the meet the relevant requirements
- Ensure new, and changes to existing, regulations are identified and for working with the business to ensure these are adopted and embedded fully and in a timely manner
- Promoting good regulatory practises and controls
- Develop and maintain the company Risk Register reporting on its outcomes to the board.
- Act as a point of contact for day to day advice and guidance to the business on regulatory matters
- Ensure the provision of good quality Management Information and reporting to the firm and the senior management team with recommended solutions for issues identified
- Assist with all business development projects to ensure conduct of such lies within regulatory guidelines.
- Assist with the development of Compliance training programs
- To maintain appropriate records to satisfy evidential requirements of compliance to Regulators and work in conjunction with colleagues to monitor and record the same
- Carry out compliance audits to ensure that regulatory practices and controls are being adhered too
- Demonstrable track record of holding a compliance role within an FCA regulated business
- Knowledge of the UK Insurance Market (Personal and Commercial lines)
- In depth technical knowledge and practical experience of FCA requirements and standards
- Calm and diplomatic, with strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to effectively manage stakeholders
- Pragmatic approach, whereby you can balance the commercial aims of the business alongside its regulatory obligations
- Possess the ability to bring people on a journey, communicate complex information in a comprehensive way, gaining buy-in from people at all levels
- Ability to present confidently
- Excellent oral and written communication
This is a varied and challenging role in an exciting business where there is significant scope for personal and professional development. The role will be based in Leeds and the client is willing to consider a flexible working approach which is likely to involve 3 days in the office and 2 days from home. There will also be an occasional need to travel to London to discharge your responsibilities.
Salary is commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.