Job Description: A great opportunity for an experienced Compliance professional to work in a specialist Insurance Brokers. Within this role, you will be required to assist the operations director with ongoing compliance implementation and regulatory reporting requirements; and to ensure the Firm maintains compliant practices in accord with FCA regulations relating to its regulated general non-investment insurance activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with ongoing compliance implementation and regulatory reporting requirements
- To assess training requirements and maintain training and professional development records for all employees.
- To structure and organise relevant in-house and external training, as deemed appropriate to the nature of the business.
- Maintain records of management and staff meetings.
- Handle complaints in accordance with the FCA guidelines.
- identify if any changes are necessary to the Firm’s processes to ensure compliance.
- Provide staff with assistance and clarification where any potential compliance conflicts arise.
- Monitor changes in employment legislation, review any impact or risk and report to management.
- Arrange regular meetings with staff to plan their ongoing training requirements.
- Regularly monitor on-line training facility for usage and after course assessments and update individual personal development files.
- Organise external training courses, where required and available.
- Conduct client file audits through Acturis system and report to management plus verify the Firm’s client money calculations and half-yearly FCA returns.
- Monitor monthly renewals, mid-term adjustments & new business written to ensure contract certainty.
- Maintain a register of complaints and progress monitor to resolution.
- Attend relevant training seminars and/or workshops, when necessary, to keep abreast of industry changes and developments.
High level of inter-personal skills, to include:
- The ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships.
- People management.
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills in a variety of mediums including written, presentation and oral.
- Planning, organisational and measuring skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Computer literate and have a good understanding of the Company’s computer system.
- Self development – ability to recognise personal development needs and take responsibility for continuous learning.