Our client is a well-respected General Insurance Consultancy who provide Compliance support and services to Brokers. Due to the firms continued growth and taking on an increasing number of new clients, they are looking to recruit within the Compliance function.
In this role you will provide expert advice and guidance on the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) regulation to network member/partner brokers. Conduct health-checks visits to member/partner brokers as specified in their business services agreements. Conduct regulatory based visits to support the achievement of their regulatory obligations.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established and experienced Team with interesting and varied work.
Responsibilities of the job include:
• To develop and implement an annual programme of health check visits and regulatory compliance support to network member/partner brokers through engagement with the businesses, developing and agreeing the audit scope and the detailed fieldwork plans.
• To execute the health check programme assessing adherence to the regulatory requirements being tested within the scope of the review.
• To identify issues for consideration in reporting and to flag potentially serious issues to line manager as they emerge.
• To report on each health check and regulatory support visits by drafting reports, and agreeing compliance action plans to address all identified issues and target dates for completion
• To liaise with line manager and compliance team, where required, to review the action plans and consider alternative approaches to addressing the control gaps.
• To maintain and develop and maintain a strong understanding of key business and regulatory activities and risks, and to ensure ongoing familiarity with the key themes of the FCA and the emerging regulatory risk landscape.
• Knowledge of the general insurance business environment
• General insurance broking experience desirable
• Experience in an audit, control or consultancy role
• Experience in dealing with parties external to the Network
• Excellent FCA rules and general insurance regulation knowledge
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.