Contract Type: 8-month Fixed term contract (Perm opportunity at the end of FTC)
Hours: Full time, 35 hours
Office locations: Manchester
Salary: £24,675 - 25,908 DOE
Do you consider yourself to be a high-end achiever who not only meets and exceeds targets but also thrives and works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment?
In this role, you will balance your time speaking with customers over the telephone to understand why they have requested their complaint to be escalated. You will conduct thorough and impartial investigations of each case and produce excellent written resolutions and award compensation as required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be caring, understanding, empathetic and be able to produce written reports to a very high standard, including a full review of your investigation. You need to have a confident approach in reviewing escalated cases, as you will need to challenge decisions that may have already been agreed from other business areas. Therefore, strong and effective communication skills are essential!
Responsibilities as a Complaints Advisor:
- Managing own caseload
- Conducting impartial investigations/ reviewing stage 1 decisions
- Working within response deadlines and adhering to team SLA's/ KPI's
- Liaising with customers and internal departments via telephone and email
- Challenge decisions of internal departments
- Calculating compensation in line company procedures
- Ensuring information is documented and systems are updated
Key skills and experience of a Complaints Advisor:
- Strong customer service and complaint handing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Inquisitive and investigative nature
- Critical thinker and ability to use own initiative
Salary & Benefits as a Complaints Advisor:
- Agile working
- Strong family friendly policies
- Committed Learning & Development
- Annual leave starting from 26 days rising to 31 PLUS bank holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme - double contribution up to 6%
- Generous non-contributory life Assurance
- An Employee Assistance Programme
- Great places to work certified 2022
- Best Workplaces for Women - ranked 23 in the UK
- Up to 21 volunteering hours per year
If you have the passion, drive and skills listed above then please apply without delay for the role as a Complaints Advisor!
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.