Newcastle upon Tyne
£100,000 + Benefits
4 months ago
Our client is an online gambling and casino company based in Newcastle that has grown rapidly and is now looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to join the Executive Board.
The role will involve:
- Work closely with Senior Management and the Board to ensure all strategic challenges are recognised and that the framework and appetites established remain agile, appropriate and encompass the evolving profile.
- To keep up to date with current developments and legislative changes regarding risk, compliance and regulatory matters, including GDPR.
- Review and summarise regulatory publications and legislation for assessment of the relevance to, and impact on, the business.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the Legal and Compliance team.
- Hold a personal management licence for compliance, acting as Nominated Officer to Gaming Limited.
- Hold position of Data Protection Officer.
- Implement group policies as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the UK Gambling Commission, acting as a key support the Gaming Limited.
- Continual development of training program that focuses on all elements of compliance and seeks to ensure that all appropriate employees and management understand and comply with jurisdictional regulations;
- Act as chair of the Operation Risk Panel.
- Maintain company risk register.
- Investigate and advise on compliance requirements associated with expansion into foreign territories.
- Lead and develop the compliance team, enabling them to fulfil their potential and effectively engage with colleagues across the business.
- Timely compliance and risk reporting to the Board and key stakeholders as appropriate
- Experience of working at a senior level in risk and compliance within a regulated commercial environment.
- Experience in establishing a strong regulatory relationship.
- Exemplary leadership, communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience in change management in a fast paced environment.