Up to £55,000 plus benefits
4 months ago
MERJE are delighted to be partnering a specialist Government backed organisation focussed on investment of efficient energy technology in the search for an Audit Manager.
This is a newly created role and the primary focus will be to develop and implement the audit strategy for the two new grant schemes and oversee the project monitoring and reporting process. You will also work closely with senior management in ensuring that the processes, procedures and countermeasures developed to mitigate fraud and error for the two schemes are robust and properly documented.
Working closely with the Head of Finance key responsibilities include:
- Design of audit framework and audit strategy for the two grant schemes.
- Preparation of detailed audit plan including scope, sample sizes/number of projects to be audited and method of project selection, logistics and assessing resource requirements and ability to invite client internal audit teams to place projects on their internal audit plan.
- Lead and direct staff who will assist with conducting audits.
- Preparation of reports for the Board and BEIS on audit status and outcomes.
- Review of the processes, procedures and countermeasures in place to mitigate fraud and error for the two grant schemes and ensure properly documented, being implemented for all projects and make recommendations for improvement where necessary.
- Oversee the project monitoring and reporting process, ensuring that all grant recipients are complying with reporting requirements and providing information requested and that any issues are highlighted, and any necessary action taken, on a timely basis.
- Work with senior management in monitoring and managing the risks associated with the two grant schemes identifying control weaknesses and preparing responses on mitigation and process improvements.
- Assist with, or carry out, any investigations on management’s behalf.
Being a qualified Accountant/ Auditor you will have demonstrable audit experience either form within Practice or industry, ideally with a good knowledge of Public sector/ Government reporting. With a proven track record of leading, delivering and/or implementing projects across an organisation, including at a senior level where necessary, within a timescale you will have experience of making decisions through the analysis of relevant information and risk assessment. Additionally, you will have management experience with excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence.
Initially this will be a fixed term contract till March 2022 however due to growth within the sector a permanent long term opportunity may exist within the organisation.