MERJE are partnered with an ambitious, forward-thinking global business who build transformative solutions for their customers to deliver best-in-class sustainable mobility, connectivity and technology solutions. They support our customers with a range of products and services to meet their needs.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey of growth. We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of technology innovation and we invite you along on this journey.
The role of Assistant Financial Controller is really important. We are seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join the Financial Analysis team.
You will be office based in Crewe 9am - 5.30pm.
Your responsibilities day to day will be...
- Reporting directly to the Head of Financial Analysis, the Financial Controller is responsible for financial reporting, analysis and business partnering activities for Fuel entities operating across Europe and Asia.
- Production and presentation of a quality monthly financial reporting pack, delivering insightful, timely and accurate commentary to key business stakeholders.
- Oversee the production of weekly KPI reporting of your business units, developing the use of the Tableau reporting suite.
- Oversee all aspects of gross margin validation ensuring a robust financial control environment is in place with timely escalation where necessary.
- Develop relationships with key business stakeholders and deliver commercial insight into results to enable these stakeholders to better understand and improve performance. Proactively engage in projects with these stakeholders that grow business value.
- Challenge the existing reporting and controls providing proactive assistance, support and guidance to the team, to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies.
- Support the senior finance management team with ad hoc projects.
- Lead and develop a team of 7 trainee or qualified accountants.
What do we expect of you?
- Technical accounting skills
- Advanced Excel skills - including experience of creating and using Pivot Tables and V-Look Up
- Experience of Sage X3 or similar accounting systems.
- Experience of fostering strong working relationships within the finance team and across the organisation.
- Advanced Access skills would be preferred but not essential
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly culture that mirrors our proposition to our customers.
- A fast-growing organisation that defines itself as being agile and innovative
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A commitment to building a working environment that values inclusivity, innovation, agility, and drive.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively along with bonus potential and a good range of core benefits.