£35,000 - £40,000 pa
7 months ago
Our client is a well-regarded and leading financial services’ business who are currently recruiting for an AML Officer. It’s an important role within the business and will be responsible for overseeing the AML functions policies and procedures.
- Being the subject matter expert in Anti Money Laundering and Financial Crime regulations within the UK environment.
- Improving and maintaining UK specific AML and Financial Crime policies and procedures in line with group policies and changes to risk appetite, legislation and other regulatory requirements.
- Oversight of the UK AML program and responsibility to ensure it is being adhered to.
- Ensuring compliance with the regulatory framework put in place by local and global stakeholders.
- Submitting suspicious activity reports as and where necessary.
- Providing oversight to the operational team, which acts as the first line monitor and investigator of suspicious activity.
- Providing an escalation point to the operational team for higher risk referrals.
- Maintaining adequate records of investigations and the reasoning behind decisions.
- Working with the compliance manager and the wider global compliance to develop investigative strategies.
- Developing and producing relevant financial crime reporting
- Developing and executing training for colleagues in various business units (internal and external) as required
- Performing an AML risk assessment of the business at least on an annual basis and producing a report for review at board level.
- Liaising with the regulator as required.
- Developing and participating in general compliance programs and initiatives
- Have experience in Financial Services preferably within a regulated environment
- Have a good knowledge of the FCA handbook
- Have experience dealing and managing Anti Money Laundering strategy and the relevant controls in line with JMLSG.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills with ability to build relationships across the organisation at all levels