£35,000 per annum with an OTE of £45,000
about 1 month ago
Salary: £35,000 per annum with an OTE of £45,000
Shifts: Monday to Friday, between 5am - 2pm and 12 - 9pm, with occasional weekends
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join our small, family run team on the outskirts of Rochdale. The successful Warehouse Manager will be joining a friendly and hardworking team, with a company that provides long-term job security to their employees.
We are looking for the Warehouse Manager to be based in our large warehouse near Rochdale. We are looking for a friendly, hardworking and conscientious warehouse manager to oversee and further improve the logistics side of the business, someone who is not afraid to have difficult conversations with employees and who is “firm but fair”.
The role includes the following but is not exclusive to:
- Organising staff rota's and overseeing a team of 15 + staff
- Recruiting new logistics/ warehouse staff as required Using a 'live’ stock system to organise stock and goods in/ out
- Liaising with managers and directors for booking and despatch of key customer orders and reporting all aspects of warehouse operations on daily basis
- Overseeing the inward and outward-bound goods from a wide variety of suppliers
- Improving efficiency wherever possible
- Ordering of ancillary goods
- Stock taking
- Conducting one to one performance interviews with the staff
- Conducting any disciplinary matters under your control, in line with good practice
- Training the warehouse staff to provide an improved service
- All health and safety matters within the warehouse environment
- Ensuring the wellbeing of the staff.
- Previous experience at a similar level
- Ability to organise, innovate and train the warehouse and delivery staff to high standards
- Ability to communicate effectively with Directors and all members of staff
- Someone that adopts to a 'firm but fair’ philosophy
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.