Our client is an entrepreneurial and face paced business looking to recruit an experienced in house or private practice solicitor to provide commercially focussed and pragmatic advice to the board of directors and senior team.
In the role of Senior Legal Counsel, you will report into the Group Legal Risk & Compliance Director and the successful candidate will also manage a more junior solicitor over time.
This is a challenging role that offers great variety and potential for the right candidate to really make the role their own.
Key Skills and Responsibilities
- Researching and advising on a range of legal matters such as, commercial law, trademarks and copyright, IP, the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as it applies in the UK, ecommerce, advertising and marketing, employment law, litigation, corporate M&A
- Reviewing and drafting a range of commercial contracts with suppliers and partners (often from a regulated financial services perspective)
- Managing contract termination and resolving contractual disputes
- Drafting consumer terms and conditions
- Researching and keeping up to date on various regulatory and legal changes across the UK and international territories and updating, the board, senior team and relevant stakeholders with relevant and digestible information
- Providing training material/running sessions to enhance key stakeholder knowledge across the group where necessary
- Providing commercially focussed and pragmatic advice to the board of directors and our senior team.
Whilst generally a commercial role, we are keen to hear from individuals with exposure to data protection and / or financial services. Your experience to date will ideally already feature some in-house but we are also open to people in private practice who can demonstrate an understanding of what it means to work in-house. Candidates will have excellent technical knowledge and ability and equally important, you must be commercially aware with outstanding inter-personal skills with the ability to develop and influence key stakeholders.
Qualified solicitor with excellent academics and training in a recognised commercial law firm;
The role is suited to a lawyer with at least 2 years PQE and experience gained in a commercial in-house environment;
Candidates will have excellent technical knowledge and commercial awareness.