8 months ago
My client, a niche financial services business who are currently going through rapid expansion require and experienced auditor to join their Audit Team. Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, you will be a professionally qualified auditor with experience of assessing the operational and regulatory risks operating in the UK financial services industry.
You will develop a clear understanding of the business areas being audited, including the relevant regulatory and policy requirements, to provide assurance that all key risks within the business have been identified and are being addressed.
• Proactively plan and undertake high quality audit reviews to support the delivery of the annual Internal Audit plan.
• Complete high quality audit programmes on time and within budget, whilst operating effectively in frequently complex situations.
• Clearly document the results of audit work performed and recommendations for control improvements
• Professionally support the business in the development of effective, efficient and sustainable control improvements.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with the business and Risk/Compliance.
• Act as an escalation point for audit and risk issues.
• Assist in the proactive identification of emerging risks and potential changes in the external environment.
• Contribute to any required Management and Risk Meetings or Forum.
To succeed in this challenging role you will have the following experience;
• Excellent communication, relationship building and influencing skills, to a variety of audiences including Senior Management.
• Excellent understanding of the Financial Services or related industry, including the Regulatory and Legislative environment.
• Experience in Internal Audit, including Risk based methodologies, Codes of Conduct and industry best practice and with a sound knowledge of Internal Audit principles.
• Education to degree level or equivalent and recognised relevant post-graduate qualification.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills together with the ability to document the results to a high standard.