Our clients are one of the prestigious Big 4 Accountancy Firms and we are assisting them in their search for a Sanctions Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to take a leading role in their growing team of sanctions specialists, supporting the delivery of a range of financial crime projects and delivering comprehensive and well considered solutions to clients’ challenges.
• Scoping the delivery of analytical projects, working closely with clients and other project stakeholders to understand their requirements.
• Leading delivery of analytical work leading a team/(s) of colleagues.
• Providing subject matter expertise to our Financial Crime team on the selection, functional requirements, design, testing and tuning of sanctions screening and Transaction Monitoring solutions.
• Managing the quality and accuracy of your team’s work and addressing risks as they arise.
• Evaluating new technologies (e.g., Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, ML, etc.) to implement state of the art solutions to address Sanctions technical challenges in a more efficient way.
• Providing leadership and guidance on the best approach to analysing complex Financial Crime business issues, from determining initial risks and issues through to implementation.
• Leveraging your skills and experience to identify, propose and lead the development of new solutions to client problems.
• Contributing to overall business management and leadership of the Forensic Analytics team.
• Contributing to the firm’s talent agenda, managing, and working effectively in diverse teams and helping to foster an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
• Supporting the ambition of the team to be the leading forensic analytics experts in the UK and beyond, through growing the team to enable development of a broad range of quality client relationships across all industries and through the adoption of both cutting-edge and well-established technologies.
• Provides technical know ledge, coaching and training to junior team members. Ensures effective engagement management by achieving the required realisation, revenue, and profitability targets. May participate in day-to-day management of team on engagements including coaching, providing constructive feedback and performance development.
• Managers are expected to manage one or more client engagements or components of large-scale engagements of moderate complexity. Managers communicate risk and issues early to Leaders as appropriate.
Key Skills & Experience:
• You will be a SME with the following Sanctions Experience:
• Act as SME on sanctions with an understanding of UK, EU, US, and UN sanctions laws.
• Experience with Sanctions compliance documents used within FI organisations including policy & procedure.
• Experience working with and implementing sanctions compliance software at other organisations including the technical configuration and threshold setting techniques associated with this.
• Able to provide sanctions advice on complex matters including interpretation of sanctions documents.
• Awareness of upstream sanctions risk and best practice.
• Sanctions and Financial Crime domain expertise and/or technical knowledge acquired from a Compliance, Business, or IT perspective.
• Experience leading and managing project-based work.
• Experience leading project teams, including helping motivate team members.
• Previous experience understanding business problems and evaluating the results of your work in a business context.
• Supporting the development of colleagues through mentoring and knowledge sharing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills that you can adapt to technical and nontechnical audiences.
• Experience contributing to or developing proposals and propositions for internal or external clients.
• Relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications (including compliance experience as a practitioner and/or Financial Crime compliance qualifications (e.g., ICA or ACAMS or equivalent).
• Experience working on projects for external clients.
• Experience working on projects in regulated industries, particularly financial services.
• Knowledge of a market leading Sanctions list providers and detection software.
• Use of ‘traditional’ data analytics tools and techniques (e.g., MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL) and ETL software (e.g., SSIS, Informatica, CloverETL) to address Financial Crime problems.
• Scripting or programming (e.g. Java, Python, C#)
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.