Our client is an exciting Fintech that is passionate about simplifying global/cross border payments. They currently have a new opportunity within their UK Risk & Compliance team and are seeking an experienced Risk Manager to support the business in a variety of duties.
As the Risk Manager, your responsibilities will include:
· Managing transaction monitoring on client activity.
· Ensuring that the systems alert to any Risks and reviewing the Tech requirements to manage Governance for the firm.
· Lead any required remediation actions.
· Prepare reports and dashboards for business requirements.
· Manage regulatory relationships and interaction.
· Support the development and integration of the Risk Management Framework – Enterprise, Operational, 2nd Line of Defense monitoring and testing activities
· Manage one direct report and offer any other training or mentoring required in Risk across the business
· General risk enhancement; work with operations and product teams in the development and implementation of compliance and risk management tools (efficiency/automation initiatives, etc)
· Support training initiatives (internal and with partners)
· Keep abreast with developments in the regulatory and technology environments to ensure best-in-class risk management
You’ll get to work across all regulatory requirements including but not limited to PSR, AML, ABC, Data Privacy, Risk Management. You will actively collaborate with our key stakeholders in the UK and across the Group Internationally.
This position is based in London (NW), UK and reports to the Head of Legal & Compliance for the Group.
· Have at least 3-5 years of Risk experience
· Have practical knowledge and experience of AML and Payment Services Directive and other applicable UK and European regulation
· Have a good understanding of digital based payments / money transfer operations
· Have a risk related qualification (preferred)
· Thrive in a diverse, collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
Can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment