£65,000 - £85,000
3 months ago
Financial services firm, located in Staffordshire, are keen to hire a Risk Manager to join an established Enterprise Risk Management function located in the firms head office. The location is easily commutable from Wolverhampton, Stafford, Stoke, Walsall, Lichfield, Birmingham, Cannock, and Telford.
- Use knowledge and expertise to highlight risks that might conflict with regulation.
- Assist the Managing Board in articulating its appetite for and management of key business risks
- Provide advice and guidance on an appropriate articulation of the Group’s appetite for business risks, specifically its major financial risk exposures, (insurance, market and liquidity related risks)
- Provide focused and timely assurance over the arrangements for managing business risks
- Lead on ensuring that key risk policies are in place and maintained in line with changes within the business and regulatory environment.
- Undertake a programme of appropriate Independent Risk Reviews, (IRR)
- Support the Head of Enterprise Risk in advising the Managing Board and Executive Management on risks, capital and liquidity related matters
- Identify new and emerging regulatory requirements in respect of risk and capital related matters and ensure that suitable arrangements are established to ensure that these requirements can be met
- Provide proportionate second line oversight and assurance of in-scope Business Areas, including Investment Management and Technical Pricing
- Provide timely, constructive and insightful risk inputs, (risk reviews, advice and guidance) in accordance with the Risk Function’s mandate.
- Relevant qualified professional with significant relevant business experience in financial services.
- The jobholder will be experienced within an insurance or FS business environment with practical understanding of how the business processes and internal systems of control and risks operate.
- Good knowledge, skills and experience of implementing and exercising oversight of business risk frameworks
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment and how regulatory expectations are likely to evolve
- Experience of developing and implementing key risk indicator and risk assurance programmes.