£17,000 – £20,000 pa
7 months ago
My client is looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk for an established Distribution company based in Burnley. You will be joining a fast paced, busy finance team. You will be part of a professional office and you must enjoy working within a vibrant atmosphere and enjoy a challenge.
Working within the Accounts Payable team your duties will include;
- Ensuring suppliers are paid in adherence with businesses credit policy
- Maintaining and encouraging good customer relations (internal & external) at all levels through personal contact and visits
- Ad-hoc job related tasks as requested by AP Manager/Supervisor or any members of the Management Team
- Chase debit notes raised by commercial and ensure they are credited by vendors on a timely basis
- Processing and matching Invoices and Credits
- Responsible for ensuring that Freight Suppliers are processed through CSS
- Preparing payments which will include multiple multi-currency payment runs to include BACS/Chaps/Transfers
- Responsible for Invoice Query resolution – Ensuring Suppliers and Internal contacts are chased regularly for resolution to Invoice Queries
- Responsible for DN resolution – Ensuring Suppliers and Commercial are chased regularly for resolution to Debit Notes
- Responsible for ensuring Supplier Statement Reconciliations are completed
- Liaise effectively with suppliers
- Responsible for General Housekeeping within the AP Function
The ideal candidate must have Purchase Ledger experience as well as being able to manage their own workload. You will ideally have worked within a large AP team where you are used to dealing with large volumes of purchase invoices. You must work well under pressure and be able to adapt to change.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.