The key purpose of this role is the analysis and assurance across the change portfolio, programmes and projects. The PMO Analyst is to provide independent challenge to improve the quality of projects and increase the likelihood of delivering on time, within budget and realising outcomes, whilst ensuring compliance with processes and standards.
The PMO Analyst is to analyse and consult in the identification of improved changes and influence others in the successful adoption
The PMO Analyst is to build the capability and maturity across the Change Function in the delivery of projects through coaching and deliver training to Programme & Project Managers, plus improve the capabilities of the PMO team in the management and support of the portfolio.
• Responsible for the identification of programme and project improvements to increase the quality of project delivery from the change function in the delivery of value to the company. Improving the likelihood of successful delivery on time, within budget and realising business outcomes through the analysis and interpretation of programme and project data, using all available data sources.
• Assess and report on new projects to senior Change & IT management, including Director Level, assessing quality of project preparation and risk to/likelihood of successful delivery.
• Analysis of the Portfolio to identify trends and upcoming issues and risks.
• Completion of ‘Deep Dive’ analysis on projects or areas of change delivery to identify and report on issues and actions required for resolution. Responsibility for resolving issues, working with Programme and Project Managers.
• Ability to influence Programme and Project Managers to apply the required changes and adoption of improvements in working practises across the Change Delivery Lifecycle. Working in a collaborative manner to ensure successful resolution.
• Complete quality assurance activities, as health checks or gate reviews, against programmes and projects to ensure compliance with processes and standards. Includes making recommendations on exceptions to process, for Senior Change Management approval, based on a value assessment to the programme or project.
• Provide independent insight and challenge to the accuracy of project reporting and RAG status. Ensuring projects are reported accurately and openly to project Executive and Sponsors.
• Complete project lessons learnt reviews across change, IT and business areas, including senior managers. Consult across stakeholders and establish areas of change needed to improve and work with key stakeholders to delivery required change.
Skills & experience:
• 5 years’ experience working in Change Delivery across multiple disciplines within IT & Business is essential
• 3 years’ experience working in a PMO function is essential.
• 3 years’ experience of working within the financial services industry is desirable
• 3 years’ experience managing multiple business and change stakeholders and activities is essential.
• 3 years’ experience providing guidance, training and awareness around PMO and project methodology standards is essential.
• Previous experience working with offshore operations is desirable
• 2 years’ experience administrating Project Online is essential
• 2 years’ experience administrating Power Bi is essential
• Advanced skills in respect of organisation and attention to detail is essential
• Advanced skills in respect of verbal and written communication are essential
• Intermediate skills in respect of MS-Project Online, Power BI, Excel and Word skills, include MS Project Administrator skills are essential
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.