Join a well-established law firm that specialises primarily in banking and finance. As a Head of Financial Operations, you will manage the Global Finance Operations team, implementing process improvements, driving effective, efficient finance processes and build a team to deliver excellent customer service. Reporting into the Group Finance Director, the Finance Operations team focuses on 3 main areas: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Treasury.
Main responsibilities as a Head of Financial Operations:
· Ensure all operational finance processes and controls are best practice and standardised across the Group
· Create and contribute towards business cases for Finance change projects that support wider strategic objectives
· Create new, and developing existing, guidance and governance policies and procedures to ensure best practice
· Identify opportunities to automate and enhance processes, workflow, and systems and implement
· Own operational issues, seeing them through to resolution
· Ensure compliance with local law society regulations
· Six Sigma / Lean processes
· Build a culture of delivering excellent customer service
Required experience as a Head of Financial Operations:
The successful candidate must be a fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant with PQE, or part qualified with appropriate experience and understanding of financial processes would be considered. They must be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities, being recognised as a role model who can influence, motivate, and lead a professional accounts team. Experience with a law firm is desirable. The individual must be enthusiastic, confident, and assertive with the ability to develop strong relationships with other team members across the business.