c£65,000 plus benefits
8 months ago
My Client a leading Leisure business requires a Head of Audit to create a new function and build a team.
Reporting to the Director of Risk and compliance along with the main PE board the role works across the organisation with operational and support departments including both retail and digital channels.
Key responsibilities include
- Day to day leadership and management of Internal Audit team and to continually review and mature team outputs and capabilities
- Establish, monitor and maintain an internal audit framework for the business to ensure it provides adequate assessment of governance and ongoing assurance and appropriate risk ratings
- Identify where external audit is required to provide an appropriate level of risk assurance within the business and facilitate criteria and required outputs
- Identify scope and criteria for ad hoc special audits as required through business or legislation change
- Effectively identifying risks within all operational practices and evaluating the controls put in place to mitigate them
- Monitor and analyse audit results and trends and prioritise revisits as required for failed audits or central audit analysis
- Collaborative working with Internal Audit team to ensure effective audit programmes and strategies for the business
- Ownership and maturing of the corporate risk register
- Maintaining knowledge of any changes to internal policies, procedures or regulatory legislation and ensuring risks, impact and criteria to assess them are accurate
- Reporting audit findings and provide compliance advice at all levels across the organisation
- Ensuring appropriate records of activities are maintained and results are consistent and impartial
- Develop and maintain data backed, evidence-based metrics and reporting
- Promote culture of good corporate governance and ethical behaviour by adhering to the responsibility of holding a Personal Management License
Being a qualified Auditor or similar relevant qualification you will have the following skills:
- 4 to 5 years’ experience in the leadership and management of a regulated audit team, ideally with exposure to the Gambling Commission
- Experience in forming and maintaining an internal audit framework that adequately assesses updates in policies, procedures and legislation
- Experience in establishing a new team
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.