As a Financial Crime Manager, you will oversee the Financial Crime risk management and assurance across the firm in a 2nd line of defence role.
• Provide independent and objective oversight and monitoring of the firm’s Financial Crime Policy and Standards covering Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Terrorist Financing, Sanctions Compliance, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Fraud Risk Management, Market Abuse and Tax evasion.
• Manage the annual review and ongoing maintenance of the Financial Crime policy and standards ensuring they are aligned with business requirements and meet applicable legal and regulatory obligations.
• Support the Senior Manager, Fraud and Financial Crime to fulfil the role Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO) and Nominated Officer role for the firm.
• Act as a subject matter expert, work closely with the first line of defence, including Customer Due Diligence Specialists, to review AML due diligence escalations (e.g. complex customers/high risk referrals/CDD queries) and where necessary make recommendations for the firm’s MLRO/DMLRO to approve/decline in line with the firm’s Policy and Risk Appetite.
• Investigate and work financial crime referrals (e.g., Sanctions/PEPs/CIFAS) from customer on boarding and on-going monitoring making appropriate recommendations where necessary to the MLRO/DMLRO
• Ensure appropriate record keeping and financial crime case management.
• Monitor and maintain financial crime systems and controls including making recommendations to the Senior Financial Crime Manager for changes/additional rules and or typologies.
• Maintain and provide and regular and accurate management information to the Financial Crime Senior Manager for relevant Boards and Committees of BBB, on the effectiveness of financial crime risk management processes, risks and controls.
• Undertake investigations regarding potential cases of suspected fraud and financial crime as and when required.
• Review Suspicious Activity and Fraud Reports raised internally and fully investigate the suspicion raised and make recommendations to the DMLRO /Nominated Officer if a report to the NCA or Action Fraud would be appropriate.
• Provide SME support for the delivery of the firms Compliance Monitoring plan to ensure the firm complies with its financial crime policy requirements, and where applicable, its legal and regulatory obligations relating to financial crime.
• Facilitate the annual review of a group-wide financial crime risk assessment.
• Design and deliver fraud and financial crime training to colleagues.
• Act as trusted point of contact for internal and external stakeholders (including government, regulators, and law enforcement) in relation to fraud and financial crime escalating as appropriate to the Senior Financial Crime Manager & DMLRO/MLRO
• Work collaboratively with other Risk & Compliance team members to provide data, insight and analytical expertise on risk management, compliance, and internal control across the firm to internal and external stakeholders.
• Support team members with delivering the key objectives and milestones for the Risk and Compliance team.
Experience and Knowledge:
• Have a detailed operational knowledge and understanding of the UK regulatory and legal requirements regarding financial crime.
• Experience in translating legislation or legal advice into clear business-focused procedures, guidance, and training.
• Experience in a financial crime management position within financial services or an FCA regulated firm, ideally across both 1/2LoD
• Experience in the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data/information, drawing appropriate conclusions and making sound decisions as a result.
• Ability to evaluate complex information and present analysis with accuracy and attention to detail
• Effectively manage multiple priorities to consistently deliver results
• Ability to anticipate and evaluate potential Financial Crime risks at a firm wide level (including organisational structures, business processes, product design, delivery channels and third-party system providers etc).
• Skilled in building strong and productive relationships / networks with internal and external stakeholders
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact email@example.com.