Our client is one of the leading UK professional services groups offering a range of accounting and innovative consultancy services to their clients. Due to growth and success, the opportunity has arisen to join the firm in the role of File Reviewer, where you will be responsible for conducting file reviews of audits to ensure compliance and adherence to professional standards. This oversight role is established to evaluate and report on audit compliance with regulatory and internal standards by performing high quality independent and objective file reviews.
What do you need to do:
- Create a robust approach to file reviews and implement a consistent scoring methodology.
- Undertake independent reviews of client audit files to the required standard and within the agreed timescales.
- Carry out high quality and rigorous audit file reviews to ensure adherence to professional standards and firm policies.
- Engage with audit colleagues to ensure any issues identified within file reviews are acted upon as appropriate.
- Provide regular management information to allow Group Head of Risk and Compliance and Audit Compliance Director to measure and report to relevant management committees on the on-going standards of client audit files within the firm.
- Liaise with the wider Risk and Compliance function as necessary.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the regulatory framework relevant to the role, whilst practising effective risk management taking account of outcomes for clients.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent technical knowledge in the field of audit and accounting and compliance regulation.
- Recognised professional qualification such as ACA, AQ / ICAEW or equivalent, with sufficient post qualified experience to support the level of this role.
- Experience of reviewing audit files or audit compliance work in practice with a proven track record in carrying out critical and constructive reviews of working papers.
- Extensive experience in an accounting role with a focus on audit services within an accountancy practice firm environment.
- Working knowledge of auditing software including MyWorking Papers, Caseware and CCH.