£50,000 - £65,000
8 days ago
I am working with a Global Financial Institution based in Stained upon Thames to help in the expansion of their Risk team. The Risk Manager will sit in the 2nd line of defence, and will assist in the implementation and on-going management of an effective Enterprise Risk Framework.
- Along with other members of ERM Team - implement, and improve the Enterprise Risk Framework across the business taking account of external Risk Management developments and internal customer feedback.
- Working with the Business Unit leadership teams and managers to continually improve their Business Unit Risk and Control Self-Assessment, ensuring consistency of approach and ensure progress is being made to mitigate identified risks.
- Provide guidance to the Business Unit in the undertaking of 1st Line Control Testing, including frequency of testing, testing methods and recording of results.
- Being a key point of contact for the Business Unit regarding Enterprise Risk, providing expert advice, oversight and challenge.
- Ensuring Enterprise Risk is understood and recognised across the Business Unit by developing and delivering Enterprise Risk training, collateral and communications.
- Ensuring root cause analyses on identified risk incidents is undertaken and providing recommended improvements to prevent these risk events from recurring.
- Attend the Business Unit Risk Forums and other management meetings where appropriate to ensure there is the required focus and discussion on Enterprise Risk matters.
- Considering and suggesting methods to improve risk analysis and reporting to the Operational Risk and Compliance Committee, Executive Risk Committee and the Audit and Risk Committee.
- A proven Enterprise / Operational Risk Professional with previous direct experience of designing and implementing Enterprise / Operational Risk management frameworks and the quantification and mitigation of operational risks.
- Ideally experience of working in the Financial Services sector.
- Strong analytical skills are required with an eye for detail but able to see ‘the bigger picture’
- Advanced stakeholder management skills and ability to quickly establish relationships
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Degree level education
- Detailed knowledge of UK Financial Services
- A deep knowledge of Enterprise / Operational Wide Risk frameworks and their application
- Broad knowledge of Regulatory and Legislative requirements applicable to the Group.