You will be learning from industry leading experts in a friendly and committed working environment
You will be working in a litigation team environment acting on behalf of legal expense insurers and their insured customers. You will get the opportunity to work on high volume property disputes focussing primarily on landlord and tenant disputes for a wide variety of residential and commercial landlords.
To get involved in a variety of tasks such as;
• Checking validity of statutory notices
• Reviewing documentation to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and statutory provisions
• Explaining and advising landlords and their agents on strategies to achieve client objectives
• Taking responsibility for case management during proceedings and strictly complying with directions
• Drafting and settling particulars of claim
• Taking and drafting witness statements
• Instructing enquiry agents and county court bailiffs/HCEO
• To proactively manage and progress own workload in line with SLA’s
• Ability to work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload.
• Awareness of relevant client strategies and ensure implementation on cases / projects.
• To deliver revenue for the team through existing business activity and developing own professional network.
• To be proactive in problem solving on cases through identifying potential issues and solutions, always adding value to the case / project.
• To support the training and development of more junior team members being a 'go to' subject matter expert.
An understanding of the following is desired
• Experience of insurance disputes would be ideal
• Strong technical ability to include a thorough grasp of relevant legislation, case law and topics.
• Computer literate including proficient use of Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritise effectively and manage multiple tasks
• Excellent attention to detail to be able to carefully analyse information.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• High level of financial and commercial awareness