Compliance Consultant (SRA) - Home Based - c.£50,000 + Benefits.
Our client are a leading provider of Compliance, AML and Data Protection Consultancy services to the Legal sector, supporting clients across the UK.
Due to continued growth and success, they are looking to recruit a Compliance Consultant with experience of SRA regulations to work as part of the firms dynamic and successful compliance team.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for like-minded individuals to join us in a dynamic and challenging environment where your skills will be recognised and appreciated. We’re looking for a motivated and passionate compliance professional who shares our value of honesty, is committed to teamwork, has commercial understanding and is solutions focused.
About the Role
Our client is passionate about Compliance in Legal Services. The Compliance team covers a wide range of areas provide support to Legal firms in areas such as auditing, file reviewing, delivering compliance training and drafting policies and and answering those tricky compliance questions that come through on the Helpline.
Other duties will include:
- Drafting policies and procedures
- Delivering our range of Compliance courses in person and remotely
- Reviewing files
- Conducting staff interviews
- Contributing to our blogs and resource bank
- Solving compliance issues which come through our Helpline service.
- Producing high quality guidance and reports
They look after their partnership clients who take out dedicated support on a two-year subscriptions and programmes.
Provide start-up firms with everything they need to start in legal practice by complying with the law and regulations, testing that it works in practice and to inspire the people working within the firm to embrace compliance.
The role is varied in terms of the types of firms they deal with, which range from sole practitioners to large international firms.
This role will be primarily home-based and will include travel to clients' offices as and when required, dependent on the work scope.
About our successful candidate
- Be able to communicate technical content in an engaging way so that it is understood clearly.
- Have incredible attention to detail.
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Have at least 5 years' experience of working within a legal or other professional services background.
- Enjoy working independently, and within a team.
- Be pragmatic and practical.
- Have great IT skills - particularly Word and PowerPoint
- Will have experience as an MLRO/MLCO or as an AML Analyst