about 2 months ago
Our client is a digital bank that specialises in technology to help make people financially secure.
We are seeking an exceptional Commercial Paralegal with a sound knowledge of financial services and experience within a commercial legal environment
The successful candidate will join the in-house legal team, supporting across an array of commercial and corporate matters. You will utilise existing knowledge of legal exposure to offer additional administration support across a full caseload of matters, including business transactions, compliance and contractual agreements.
- Assisting the In-house Legal Counsel to provide sound legal and commercial advice
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting terms and agreements
- Identifying legal requirements and implications across projects and activities
- Supporting with GDPR and compliance regulated activity
- Reviewing and updating policies and procedures
- Supporting with governance and company secretarial matters, including minute taking and filing
- Liaising with internal and external colleagues and suppliers
- Conducting research to support the team’s activity
- Maintenance of legal database and Diary management
Key Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience within a commercial legal environment
- Sound knowledge of financial services
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field
- Ability to provide pragmatic legal advice
- Able to understand and manage legal risks
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft tools and Google Suite
- Retail banking and/or financial services
- Performance Testing
- Security Testing
- Mobile App Testing
- Understanding of GDPR / PECR
What we offer
- A relaxed, sociable and flexible working environment.
- Great benefits including: life insurance, pension, private medical insurance (including dental and optical), free breakfast and drinks, monthly social events.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work for a progressive and exciting company.
- Here are just a few examples of what we’ve achieved so far and what’s coming soon.
- Secured strategic investment from Elliott Advisors of £150mil of capital, underpinning the planned growth of the business over the next few years.
- Secured a full banking licence from the PRA in 2018 - the only retail bank to do so that year.
- Launched the LiveLend Reward Loan; the world’s first dynamic loan that responds to improvements in customers’ credit score.
- Secured several distribution partnerships with our lending product and have already seen 400%+ growth in new business in the since 2019.
- Launched SmartSave; providing customers with a simple, online savings account at a great rate.
- Achieved and maintained an ‘Excellent’ Trustpilot rating from both lending and savings customers.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.