Your new role:
We are currently looking for a Commercial Account Handler, who can develop successful and profitable relationships with clients, insurers and suppliers. Facilitating the efficient handling of all commercial insurance policies and help to make a significant contribution to a quality focused customer service.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experienced and a proven track record within an insurance/financial services background. You will thrive within a busy and demanding environment and be a true team player who welcomes a challenge.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships with clients, insurers and other company contacts.
- Proactively promote relevant products and services through sales campaigns and outbound engagement through appropriate means
- Take ownership of the day to day contact and queries received
- Assist the business in winning, growing and maintaining the client base
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, insurers, professional and other company contacts
- Identify opportunities to develop and enhance relationships with account to ensure extraction of the maximum commercial value
- Attend client / site visits as appropriate
- Network, market and develop new business opportunities where possible
- Liaise and work closely with the internal handlers to provide excellent levels of customer service and quality
- Negotiate with insurers
- Manage correspondence
- Escalate any queries as appropriate
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Strong commercial insurance background
- Principles and practice of insurance and their application
- Arbitration and the role of the Ombudsman
- FCA Compliance Procedures and requirements relating to the handling of insurance
- Policy wordings and covers of all classes of insurance dealt with
- Data Protection Act
- Money Laundering Rules
- Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management
- Computer literacy
- Inquisitive nature and not afraid to challenge
- Proactive with ability to act on initiative
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.