£40,000 - £45,000
15 days ago
My client is looking for a Senior Collections Manager to effectively manage asset work out strategies in influences where assets reside whilst ensuring all relevant collections and recoveries data is accurately recorded on the mortgage service systems.
The post holder will be required to work independently and undertake regular travel to Chatham and Wolverhampton.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge in relation to the end to end functionality of the collections and recoveries mortgage service systems
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge of market sentiment in jurisdictions where assets reside
- Working closely with other functional areas on potential new possession/LPA cases to ensure risks are fully considered and understood
- Advise the Group Head of Specialist Collections and Recoveries of key operational issues, making recommendations for improvement
- As necessary participate in new client boarding projects supporting the Group Head of Specialist Collections and Recoveries to ensure that all aspects of collections requirements are considered and plans in place for seamless integration
- Manage the asset workout strategies effectively to ensure optimum recovery and minimising losses, working closely with Asset Management firms, Solicitors and LPA Receivers through implementation of optimal collection and work out strategies.
- Ensure that you fully understand and comply with the organisation’s Risk Management Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day to day work that you put customers at the heart of everything you do.
- Ensure that you fully understand and comply with the organisation’s Data Governance Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day to day work that you treat data as an important corporate asset which must be protected and managed.
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations
Skills, knowledge & experience
- 3 years’ previous experience managing end to end collections is essential
- 3 years’ previous experience in managing outcome focussed property disposal work-out strategies is essential
- 3 years’ previous experience working within the financial services industry is essential
- Detailed knowledge of Phoebus and Bastian mortgage service systems is essential
- Detailed knowledge of the legal structures affecting property is essential
- Detailed knowledge of the mortgage cycle from application to recovery is essential
- Intermediate skills in respect of Microsoft Word and Excel are essential
- Advanced skills in respect of verbal, listening / counselling are essential
- Advanced skills in respect of organisation, prioritising and time management are essential
- Ability to interact with people at all levels within the Group is essential