Up to £24,000 pa
5 months ago
Hours: 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday (no weekends
We are looking for an experienced telephone negotiator (minimum 6 months experience) to join a thriving team within our Bromley office maximising the collection of overdue unsecured accounts.
The purpose of this role is to maximise the collection of overdue debt and provide a professional and informative primary point of contact for all customers whilst maintaining the highest level of customer service. The successful candidate must have experience within a telephone based collections role.
You will have a positive telephone manner and assertive negotiation skills whilst being a good communicator. Previous knowledge of a consumer or financial market would be advantageous. You must be confident dealing with clients and have good verbal and written communication skills and experience of arranging payments as stipulated by court processes. A team player you will be looking to join a well-respected organisation in which you will find a supportive working environment with full training provided.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To process inbound and outbound calls, contacting customers with overdue accounts to negotiate prompt payment within defined timescales
- To record all customer contact accurately on the collections system
- Follow court processes and arrange payment plans with customers accordingly
- Treat all customers fairly, professionally and within legislation and codes of practice
- Deal with general account enquiries and take routine payments from customers
- Update account information (address / contact details, bank details and payment method)
- Liaise with other departments on behalf of customers to resolve problems
- Transfer calls to other departments as required
- Follow established collections processes and procedures
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Maintain department standards at all times
In addition to your competitive basic salary we have a benefits package that includes.
Monthly bonus based on QA scorecard
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
NEST Pension Scheme (following probation)
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check