Job Description: Our clients are a major consumer credit financial services company that offer products and services for customers in two unsecured credit market sectors. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team as an Application Fraud Specialist. As a Fraud Specialist you will be working alongside members of the Fraud Strategy team, Fraud Operations, and external organisations to develop and lead their Application Fraud Strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
• Undertake analysis to develop real-time decisions within fraud for the Application fraud detection systems. This may include Hunter, Cifas, Detect, Emailage, Telesign to minimise loss, reduce risk, and improve the customer experience.
• Ability to define and implement new decision system strategies and perform ongoing analysis to monitor their effectiveness.
• Responsible for helping to design and manage fraud reporting for the business, ensuring that it gives key insight that is both timely and accurate.
• Identify new and emerging fraud trends, undertaking ad-hoc analysis to recommend appropriate action for the business. In addition, you will take full responsibility for producing in depth insight which can be used to identify areas for improvement in fraud detection and customer impact.
• Assist and lead initiatives working with internal and external partners to ensure effective execution of fraud strategies.
• The role will require liaison with external intelligence agencies. Building intelligence through analysis and collaboration. Effective management with stakeholders and liaison with external partners will help lead the fight against fraud.
• Someone who is collaborative
• Someone who can be adaptive and responsive to changing fraud trends
• Someone who can represent the company at external events
• Someone who is willing to challenge themselves and their own and others’ ideas
• University degree level or similar, preferably with a numerical background.
• High intellectual capability combined with commercial aptitude.
• Competent with all Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Strong SAS/SQL/VBA / R / Python /Hadoop skills.
• Ability to work independently, with a high level of self-motivation.
• Experience of basic programming.
• Creativity, energy, and personal drive to succeed.
• Eye for detail and aptitude to both identify and solve complex problems.
• Ability to plan and anticipate and to work well under pressure.
• Hunter / CIFAS / Detect / Emailage / Telesign / ThreatMetrix
• Background in Retail Finance Fraud or Banking Fraud
• A background in analytics using BIG data
• Knowledge of the credit card sector and other lending products, or at least relevant experience in Financial Services.