Purpose of the role:
Working as part of the Customer Fulfilment team, you will act as an enabler to the company's growth strategy to provide a first-class account opening experience whilst delivering consistently positive customer outcomes.
You will be responsible for processing new account applications for both existing and new to bank customers ensuring the relevant Know Your Customer/Customer Due Diligence requirements are met.
You will be undertaking a range of administrative activities to process new account applications whilst continually improving operational effectiveness and ensuring adherence to the banks policies and procedures observing all Anti Money Laundering/ Anti Bribery & Corruption/ Fraud/ Sanctions and regulatory requirements.
- Completion of daily tasks relating to account opening through managing daily work and queue volumes. You will be responsible for accurately processing new account applications in a timely manner ensuring that procedures are followed as well as meeting service standards and regulatory requirements.
- Processing new account applications and collating and evaluating KYC information provided.
- Contact the customer directly where required or needed to ensure timely return of KYC information to progress with account opening.
- Contacting customers proactively if they require help completing an application for a new account.
- Working closely and collaboratively with Relationship managers and Commercial banking Officers to ensure a smooth customer experience.
- Consult and escalate to Financial Crime team where appropriate ensuring all relevant information is obtained by the account opening team regarding the customers risk status
- Screen Relationships in Dow Jones for PEPs, Sanctions and Adverse Media.
- Ensuring risk controls are met at all times, safeguarding the Bank from losses and reporting any suspicious activity as appropriate. Undertake customer due diligence, be vigilant and actively consider all transactional activity mitigating the risk of money laundering and fraudulent activity.
- Support the wider Bank team on projects as required. Attending team meetings and contributing to the wider team effort. Contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of Operations by reviewing existing processes and procedures and proposing improvements which enhance service, deliver cost savings and / or mitigate risk.
- Communicate with customers with speed, ease, certainty and empathy on the telephone, in writing and face to face as required.