Up to £40,000 + Benefits
4 months ago
MERJE is looking for an experienced Underwriter to join the commercial mortgages team within a major FS company. A well-regarded business with a long history of providing excellent financial products and services to consumers, it is one of the largest of its kind in the UK.
On offer is a salary of up to £40,000 + benefits, as well as fantastic development and progression opportunities, a supportive and collaborative working environment and a city centre office.
This company is unable to provide sponsorship
Key Responsibilities of the Commercial Underwriter:
- Assess and approve complex lending deals in line with risk appetite
- Approve Commercial Lending applications and Ltd Co. BTL up to personal mandate level
- Effective underwriting of commercial lending mortgage applications in line with regulatory
- Analyse and approve new business as well as variations to existing customers, e.g. loan extensions, change to repayment terms, lease consents, partial redemptions, security requests, equity transfers
Ideal knowledge and experience for the Commercial Underwriter role:
- Extensive knowledge of Commercial Lending
- Experience of making decisions in complex and ambiguous situations
- Experience of analysing commercial lending transactions to ensure the best outcome for customer and business
- Understanding of Commercial Lending market, products and customers, including sector specific knowledge
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.