Up to £35,000
about 1 month ago
MERJE is working with a dynamic, established specialist lending business that is looking to expand its underwriting operation with the addition of six underwriters. The company focuses on mortgages within niche customer markets, and requires candidates with manual underwriting expertise.
On offer is a salary of up to £35,000 + benefits, as well as the opportunity to join a successful business that is part of a fast-growing fintech group.
Applicants must be located and eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Underwriter:
- Support the delivery of the company’s lending objectives by underwriting mortgage applications from customers with complex, irregular and non-traditional situations
- Process and underwrite mortgage applications, making decisions in line with responsible lending and underwriting policies
- Deliver excellent customer service throughout the application and decision making process
- Maintain adequate records in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Work to agreed service levels
Required knowledge and experience for the Underwriter role:
- Experience in manual mortgage underwriting, ideally in a complex / non-traditional lending market
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict timescales
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.