£17,000 - £18,000 pa
about 2 years ago
Working hours 20 – 37.5 depending on what suits
About the role
Our Travel Sales Experts are the friendly voice of Sykes that our customers speak to when calling to book their next holiday over the phone. Our Travel Sales Experts speak to customers every day, sharing their experience and knowledge of Sykes' portfolio to help customers pick their perfect holiday cottage.
You will be responsible for ensuring that every call maximises income per booking and that the quality of the call exceeds customer expectations.
You will work to (and exceed!) agreed targets for booking conversion and maximising sales opportunities whilst delivering that outstanding experience to our customers along their booking journey.
Candidates must have previous experience of sales (call centre experience would be beneficial but isn't essential) and a strong track record of working successfully to targets. You will have excellent communication skills and an ability to quickly build a rapport with a new customer, as well as good negotiation skills. You will also be IT literate, and be willing to suggest improvement areas for the business.
Previous travel experience would be beneficial, but isn't essential.
To succeed in the role, you will be motivated and results driven with an ability to work under pressure. You will be customer sales -orientated and an excellent team player. You will also be reliable and punctual, with good attention to detail.
Useful Things to know
The role will be based in our call centre. The call centre is a busy part of the business, but has a great team atmosphere and lots of fun while we work!
We also believe in rewarding hard work, and offer a great benefits package on top of basic salary including:
- Target based bonus scheme - up to £400 per month
- Discounted holidays for you, and your friends and family
- Full training provided
- Working on a rota basis which is planned 4 weeks in advance so you can plan your work/life balance
- Private Medical (for you and family)
- Death in service payment
- Pension (matched contribution up to 2.5%)
- Free worldwide travel insurance (for you and family)
- Subsidised park and ride passes for an easy commute into town
- Long service awards and increases in holiday each year
- Wellness extras - free flu jabs, reflexology sessions and fruit available in the office
Working hours will be on a shift rota basis over a 7 day week; our call centre is open from 9am to 9pm (seasonal openings).
Working hours can be from 20 hours to 37.5 per week depending on what suits.
Capture data accurately and input into the in-house system
Excellent soft skills