£240 per day
over 1 year ago
Location: City of London
Salary: £240 per day
Duration: 6 month contract
Reporting to the Senior Operations Officer – UK Payments, the successful candidate will be assisting with the day-to-day processing of all roles within the UK Payments Operations team. The team currently consists of 4 employees who support the operational activities for SVB’s cash management and Loan businesses.
As well as the UK, the job-holder will be expected to work closely with colleagues across the enterprise in order to maintain consistent and exceptional standards of service.
This role requires the ability to “think on your feet” to ensure that deliverables are met. An understanding payments and banking processes is required.
The broad spectrum of responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Process UK clearing items – BACS, Bank Giro Credits, Cheques and Direct Debits.
• Input and repair of domestic and international payments (incoming and outgoing).
• Second check and authorise manually entered or repaired incoming and outgoing domestic and international payments.
• Liaise with Client Advisory Services and Relationship Management Teams with regards to rejected and exception items.
• Authorise work processed manually by staff within the Operations Department.
• Work closely with the Compliance department in regards to transaction monitoring.
• Archive daily records.
• Undertake payment investigations on behalf of clients and or Client Advisory Services.
• Maintain existing and create new procedural documentation.
• Resolve any issues in order to limit client dissatisfaction and possible lost revenues.
• Work with Treasury and the Reconciliation Dept to help resolve unsettled items to mitigate settlement and risk, limiting potential lost revenue and aged items.
• Work with Counterparty Banks in order to confirm and investigate outstanding items.
• Work with various audit teams during the numerous audits and testing periods in order to provide these groups with whatever files and transaction samples requested.
• Requirements: Hard-working, self-motivated and able to work independently in a small team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate should be able to identify and work to deadlines and be able to think beyond the initial set of facts or issues when using problem-solving skills to produce work that is “right first time, every time” to meet client and internal customer expectations.
They should be able to prioritize work independently, by focusing on the needs of the client and the bank itself. The role is critical in the fulfillment of internal Service Level Agreements, and delivering the wider targets and objectives of the team, the department and ultimately the bank as a whole. He or she should bring a strong sense of ethics and have the ability to quickly develop a full understanding of new products and processes. They should demonstrate commercial awareness when responding to, or contributing to the development of product and process enhancements. A commitment to personal development is essential in order to support the department through the understanding of other roles and functions. They should be comfortable with communicating verbally and in writing with colleagues with a wide range of seniority and in different departments, as well as external vendors and occasionally clients
Skills and Requirements:
Previous experience in a banking operations environment, with knowledge of UK and International Payments is essential.
• Communications: The individual must have excellent communication abilities, including strong written & verbal skills. The individual must be an excellent listener, who works to understand the needs of others.
• Interpersonal Style: The individual should have an entrepreneurial, collaborative approach and a flexible style that allows for the input of others. The individual must share the following core values of SVB:
o An emphasis on achieving the organisation’s goals, versus individual achievement;
o An “enterprising” approach with creative problem solving; and
o A focused and results driven mindset.