We are assisting our clients with a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team that are driven and passionate about analytics.
As the Transaction Monitoring Manager, the role holder, reports directly to the Transaction Monitoring Senior Manager (TM Product Owner), and will work alongside colleagues and teams in TM Capability and other Financial Crime Centre of Excellence teams.
• Draft changes required for Calibration and Control models and update Model Manual and manage approval process
• Design and delivery of periodic calibration process, review analytical outputs and produce impact assessments
• Actively manage TM control model performance and defects resolution with relevant stakeholders and escalate items that needs senior management attention
• Carry out daily review of controls and support the ongoing review and management of Model Controls and MI
• Identify changes required for Calibration and Control models and update Model Manual, submission for approval
• Manage and maintain strategic TM Model Manual(s)
• Lead the execution of model updates and model maintenance, including production of evidence that updates are operating correctly
• Manage, track, test and validation of incidents in BAU TM model(s) and answer any queries.
• Manage and maintain model traceability to both AML policy and Standards and Business requirements/Technical documentations i.e DDR, DDS
• Document model traceability and assist in managing the actions relating to strategic systems from audit and assurance findings
• Own improvement activity across the control model, identifying enhancements to optimise related FC systems and applications working as expected
Skills and Experience:
• Holds an acceptable financial crime qualification.
• An effective working knowledge of the UK’s legislative and regulatory framework for FC (Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption) and how that impacts the Transaction Monitoring environment.
• Financial Crime Compliance domain knowledge, with a particular focus on AML and Sanctions.
• Solid experience of working as a Manager within Financial crime space in financial services with experience of providing advice and guidance across Transaction Monitoring requirements (c.5 years industry or relevant experience).
• Experience and knowledge of Retail Banking or Corporate Banking and associated products. Awareness of the risks associated with Retail banking, or knowledge of Correspondent banking, Trade Finance, Complex Corporate Structures, MSBs/PSPs would also be beneficial.
• Confident communicator, with excellent stakeholder management skills, both internally and externally.
• Effective negotiation and influencing skills.
• Strong organisational skills and experience of delivering excellent customer service.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.