My client is a growing wealth management company who are seeking to employ a dynamic and resourceful manager to lead their Training & Competence (T&C) scheme. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wishing to join an exciting wealth management group focussed on providing top quality financial advice and wealth management services to both retail and professional clients. Building a team of high-quality, technically competent advisers, within in a strong regulatory compliant environment, will be core to business.
The role will involve:
• Manage the T&C Scheme, proposing amendments and enhancements to the Scheme where appropriate and ensuring the delivery of its requirements
• Keep abreast of regulatory developments and announcements to ensure the T&C Scheme remains current
• Collation, assignment and tracking of individual development plans
• Undertake annual competence assessments and manage the annual certification of individuals
• Update training and competence records for Financial Advisers and Planners to support the collation of risk-based data
• Undertake case reviews to assess risks and training needs to help Financial Advisers and Planners to maintain competency
• Where appropriate, support the client meeting assessments process through spot checks either as role plays or “live” reviews
• Work alongside the Senior Management Team across our regional offices to help develop the skills and understanding of Financial Advisers and Planners
• Provide 1 to 1 or group training where support is required in relation to competency, organisational skills and file quality
• Build and maintain business relationships with all relevant stakeholders and contribute to corporate projects and initiatives. This will require regular on-site visits to our various regional offices
• Reporting of Adviser/Planner linked risk events and resolution of training needs
• Keep relevant members of the Senior Management Team updated on progress of any issues with Advisers/Planners under their management
• Liaise with HR and Compliance to ensure new recruits achieve competency and are entered on to the FCA’s register as efficiently as possible
• Assist with the development and enhancement of processes and procedures, using the experience gained from the competency assessment process.
• The candidate should be a certified individual and demonstrate knowledge and adherence to the FCA’s Principles and Conduct of Conduct rules
• Financial Planning and/or Investment Management qualifications to at least level 4 equivalent
• Significant practical T&C experience within the financial services sector
• Understanding of risk and compliance in financial services and/or wealth management.