£17k - £20k pa depending on experience
over 2 years ago
Job Summary: Working within the Trading & Risk Management team, the Trading Analyst is primarily responsible for providing energy market analysis to the Trading Manager and Risk Manager to ensure that client positions are managed and hedged within agreed trading and risk management strategies.
The role requires a person who is structured, organised and specialist / technical by nature.
The job calls for someone who is systematic and has the ability to concentrate on tasks within their area of knowledge, experience and education. The role may involve gathering facts or performing specialist assignments. Attributes for this role are approachable, thorough, methodical, predictable, self-disciplined, patient, logical, careful, diplomatic and conventional in approach. Moderation, consistency, and the ability to tie up all the loose ends and finish a job will be of importance. Maintaining quality and standards will be priority.
• Writing clearly articulated proposals, reports and briefing notes for management and clients.
• Agenda setting, organisation and ownership of regular Client Lead strategy meetings.
• Proactively look to enhance and improve standard reports and processes, team communications and document changes.
• Building effective relationships within the T&RM team and Sales team to ensure queries are dealt with as efficiently as possible and data and reports can be produced as required.
• Keep abreast of industry developments, particularly in the area of energy trading and risk management; undertake any internal and external courses that are deemed appropriate as part of development.
• Attendance at supplier meetings/events and customer meetings – proactively look to build internal and external relationship development.
• Proactively develop knowledge of energy markets, flexible products, trading/risk management, strategies, tendering process and specialist industry terminology.
• Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to all customers and other stakeholders.
• Travel and spend some time working at other Inprova offices as part of knowledge building, ongoing development and team collaboration.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of all the services the Company has to offer.
• Support the wider needs of the business as and when reasonably required.
Educated to a degree level or equivalent or Higher level qualification relevant to the position
(e.g. Business Studies or a numerical/analytical subject such as Maths, Economics, Science,
Accountancy etc) (Desirable)
• Experience of working in an office environment undertaking data analysis duties.
• Experience in a similar Utilities or Energy Trading environment. (Desirable)
• Working knowledge of energy markets, products and suppliers. (Desirable)
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally when dealing with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and ability to develop strong team relationships.
• Proven ability to self-manage with strong personal planning and organisational skills, able to prioritise workload, work quickly with attention to detail whilst under pressure, and react to unexpected variances in workload and requests.
• Mathematics bias and computer literate with strong MS Office (particularly Excel).
• Highly analytical with excellent attention to detail.
• Experience of database systems and VBA. (Desirable)
• Ability to work on own initiative with a positive, professional and focused work ethic.
• Flexible and active team player that is prepared to work collaboratively, enthusiastically and diligently and wants to develop skills and career within a Trading and Risk Management team.
Keywords: RISK, ANALYST, REPORT WRITING, COMMUNICATION SKILLS, ORGANISED