MERJE are partnered with a leading Global provider of integrated legal & business services in their search for a talented Tax Accountant.
You will be supporting the Partnership Accountant and Group Tax Manager with the Partnership and Corporate tax affairs of the Group. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of accounting records and forecasts with reference to the personal / corporate interests of the LLP’s members. As well as supporting the Partners to ensure that the records of their drawings and personal tax calculations are kept with absolute accuracy to facilitate the preparation of clear and accurate reports of their personal position.
Our Ideal Candidate:
This role would be ideally suited to a Tax Specialist with sound commercial awareness and a disciplined business work ethic who hold a recognised professional accounting or tax qualification and have had a similar professional experience gained in a fast paced and demanding commercial (ideally legal) environment.
You should also possess a high levels of attention to detail as well as excellent organisational, communication and time management skills with experience of meeting targets and deadlines. Very strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel. SQL or VBA experience is desirable, whilst previous experience of Alphatax is beneficial but not essential.
- Work alongside the Partnership Accountant as a primary contact for Partners regarding profit shares, drawings calculations and all personal taxation matters.
- Provide and calculate accurate and timely information, including the calculation of Partner drawings, distributions, tax retentions and tax payments.
- Liaise with Partners, their Personal Tax Advisors, HMRC, External Auditors and Banks.
- Maintain the general ledger records in respect of each Partner’s Capital, Current and Tax accounts and update the individual Partner’s records.
- Assist in the Partner new starter boarding process (lateral hires or internal promotions).
- Assist in the provision of monthly schedules to confirm the monthly partner drawing to be paid and administration of individual Partner tax payments.
- Carry out monthly reconciliations of Capital, Current and Tax reserves to the General ledger, and of year to date profit allocated.
- Preparation of Partnership and Corporate Tax Computations, tax accounting reporting and disclosures for statutory accounting;Transfer Pricing. Monitor local transfer pricing regulations, providing recommendations on documentation requirements, prepare and maintain transfer pricing documentation.
- To assist in miscellaneous Group Tax projects including tax governance, Group structuring and profit repatriation strategies.Support the provision of accurate short term and long term cash flow forecasts by maintaining and providing accurate Partner and Corporate Tax forecasts of payments expected to be made.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.