MERJE are partnered with a Specialist Lending organisation in their search for a talented Tax Manager.
You will lead all elements of Tax for the Group, by managing and developing the tax control framework, which adheres to UK Accounting Standards and tax legislation. Establish/maintain appropriate tax accounting arrangements, including VAT, Corporation Tax and other relevant company taxes.
The role supports the Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) to meet their duties and provides tax advice and guidance across the group.
- Continuously improve and manage an appropriate and effective end to end tax control framework, which is documented, risks managed and tracked.
- Co-ordinate the approval of the tax strategy and tax policy by the SAO and the Board. When approved, effectively implement and communicate the requirements to the relevant colleagues. Actions are to be monitored reporting any breaches to the SAO.
- Design and implement the tax control framework to support the SAO and monitor and report any control failure and weaknesses including the timely submission of tax returns and managing upcoming changes to tax legislation.
- Support the annual reporting of the Group’s consolidated financial statement and statutory reporting requirements, including subsidiaries. Liaise with external advisors to ensure the delivery of tax calculations and disclosures for external and statutory reporting.
- Assist with drafting papers for the Group FD, Audit and Risk Committee and External Auditors on the key areas of tax used within the statutory accounts.
- Proactive process and procedure improvements, through automation and effective change management.
- Provide ad hoc financial and tax information and support required by the business.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- CTA or other relevant Tax qualification.
- Excellent understanding of relevant taxation legislation.
- Understanding of risk and control assessment and the design of appropriate controls.
- Experience in preparation of tax submissions, including statutory accounts disclosures.
- Strong performance management and communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with a range of senior stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills including Excel and Word.
If you also have a relevant accounting qualification ACA (ICAEW), ACCA qualifications (or equivalent) this would be advantageous.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.