£45,000 – £55,000
5 months ago
A consulting firm offering tax services to both professional firms and directly to entrepreneurs, businesses and individuals.
Our client is looking for a confident, organised and motivated person to work with the Director specialising in employee share schemes and reward, as part of a wider team specialising in OMB tax. The role takes in all aspects of employee share incentives, including scheme design, valuation, scheme drafting and advising clients undertaking transactions. Our work ranges from advising on straightforward EMIs and other statutory share schemes to structuring growth shares and assisting clients wishing to settle complex EBT structures.
Duties and accountabilities:
- Provide technical advice and support to clients of the firm on employee share schemes and related issues
- Participate in the design and implementation of employee share schemes and assist with the associated reporting obligations.
- Work in collaboration with the Director to build awareness and recognition in the market of the Employer Consulting offering and to develop and grow the Employer Consulting team.
- Start to build profile and rapport with clients, whether they are accountants, lawyers, individuals or corporate clients. Develop a network of professional contacts outside of the firm by use of technology and social media.
- Make time to keep up to date with tax journals, HMRC announcements and maintain a general tax awareness.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- The suitable candidate will ideally be CTA qualified with post-qualification experience, although they would consider a lawyer with tax experience.
- Ideally with a background in employment taxes with knowledge of personal taxes. Some experience of corporate taxes would be also beneficial.
- Experience of dealing with employee share schemes
- Being able to take telephone queries from fellow professionals on various tax issues involving both tax planning issues and general tax compliance relating employment taxes.
- A good understanding and awareness of tax compliance requirements.