Long established, my client provides a range of financial planning and investment management services and has become one of the UKs leading wealth management firms.
An exciting new opportunity has presented itself for an individual to assist the Senior Management team and work with the business to ensure the attainment and maintenance of competence for Investment Management individuals
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the business in the strategic recruitment of new Investment Management individuals – focus on relevant and desired skill sets.
- Work in conjunction with induction/L&D function to ensure effective on boarding of new Investment Management individuals.
- Support with the development of internal talent to progress the right individuals towards Investment Management roles
- Supervise individuals through to competence sign off, by conducting activities in line with the Groups T&C scheme and the SMCR requirements e.g. observing client meetings, regular 1-2-1s, assessment of knowledge.
- Using available MI and KPIs to evaluate competence and address training needs through effective root cause analysis
- Devise and support regular annual knowledge testing to demonstrate ongoing competence to regulator on relevant regulated activity
- Ensure conduct and business standards are met and supervision frequency is tailored to the needs and requirements of the individual
- Work with business stakeholders, such as Compliance, HR and Business Quality to drive forward standards and implement regulatory change.
- Work within L&D to highlight wider development needs and trends across the business to help facilitate learning solutions provided internally or externally.
- Actively coach and support individuals by providing technical and skills training where appropriate
The ideal candidate will have T&C Supervisory and file checking experience gained within Wealth Management and will be able to work independently in a proactive manner.
Adaptable to and able to lead change amongst peers and senior management, you must be self-motivated, quick learner with focus on task completion.
The role will be based in Manchester but will involve a mixture of home, office and field based working so you must be prepared to travel. Salary is entirely commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.