£34,000 - £38,000 pa
5 months ago
Long established my client provides the advice and support needed to achieve longer-term financial control.
Working as part of the Compliance Monitoring Team this specialist role will provide effective second line compliance monitoring activities across the firm including its subsidiaries that support delivery of the compliance monitoring plan and provides assurance over compliance with regulation and good client outcomes.
- Scope, plan and effectively lead or assist compliance monitoring review activity across the firm including its subsidiaries in line with the agreed compliance monitoring plan. This will include identification of the technical requirements relevant to each review.
- Provide clear instructions to the Compliance Administrator in line with documented processes to ensure that all relevant documentation, call recordings, client files and other information required for each review is sourced and received in a timely manner to ensure plan timescales are met.
- Conduct / support thematic and other specialist or ad-hoc reviews in line with analysis of relevant MI, sector issues or areas of regulatory focus.
- Identify through monitoring reviews and technical analysis any areas of non-compliance of relevant regulation / legislation / internal policy and report accordingly.
- Conduct / support review meetings with key stakeholders to provide findings of non- compliance in a pragmatic way.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues across the firm to support and gain buy-in of compliance monitoring activity and outputs through effective influencing and negotiation, and to promote a positive compliance culture.
- Engage and challenge stakeholders when discussing issues identified and effectively influence change where appropriate.
- Produce objective, timely, accurate and well-presented compliance monitoring reports highlighting relevant findings to the expected high standards and gaining approval for distribution to key stakeholders.
- Support the firm in developing and implementing relevant action plans to mitigate against re-occurrence of areas of non-compliance identified within reviews - track actions to ensure that issues are addressed within appropriate timescales and ensure escalation of this to the Regulatory Compliance Monitoring Manager where this isn’t happening.
- Assist with the collation of compliance monitoring MI for presentation at committees and management meetings through accurate adherence to processes including updating workflow trackers
- Provide support to colleagues within the wider Risk & Compliance team and represent the Regulatory Compliance Monitoring Manager or the wider Compliance Monitoring Team at committee meetings where required
- Proven experience of working within a compliance monitoring role within a regulated financial services firm
- Strong specialist technical expertise gained within a previous role of at least 2 of the following disciplines:
- CASS, Financial Crime and AML
- Insolvency to include IVA, Bankruptcy, DRO, PTD, Sequestration and DAS
- MCOB and TC
- Proven ability to conduct and deliver thematic and specialist compliance reviews including associated reporting and presentation of findings
- Good awareness of the key regulatory hotspots within the financial services sector
- Able to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident and articulate with the ability to effectively influence and gain buy in from colleagues when presenting findings from reviews
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Strong report writing skills with a focus on the quality of output
Salary range is negotiable and will be entirely commensurate with experience but reflect the significance of the role