£60,000 - £65,000
3 months ago
Our client is a highly respected and long established organisation who are currently looking to recruit a Senior Risk Manager. Reporting to the Head of Compliance you will play an integral role in the strategic development of the firm’s risk function by supporting the maintenance, improvement and implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and all associated risks and controls.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operate an effective 2nd line of defence for the business in regard to risk management activities
- Identification and reporting of risks and incidents, completing conduct risk assessments and implementing emerging risk processes
- Support the maintenance, improvement and implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF) and all associated risk and controls.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the governance committees in relation to Risk reporting and Risk Management
- Maintain an effective external perspective and knowledge of risks and risk management best practices, tools and techniques
- Maintain effective working relationships with assigned 1st line risk owners, senior managers and subject matter experts, enabling effective dialogue on risk and control management
- Provide training, coaching and advice on risk and incident management to the 1st line of defence, enabling effective implementation of the ERMF policies, procedures, systems and tools, helping to embed risk management techniques throughout the business
- Be responsible for managing risk reporting in ISO 9001 and ISO23001 processes
- Demonstration of a wider strategic view and being responsible for driving FCA change forward.
The ideal Candidate:
- Significant knowledge of FCA regulation and how it should be applied
- A good understanding of the Financial Services marketplace
- 3-5 years’ experience in risk management in a Financial Services organisation authorised by the FCA operating at a senior level with key stakeholders
- Experience of implementing and managing a Risk Framework within a Financial Services organisation utilising IRM recognised terminology and structures
- Very strong commercial acumen. Detailed understanding of financial metrics and a proven ability to use excel to model and understand outcomes.