Our clients are a leading insurer that provide both retail and corporate products. They are looking to recruit a Senior Risk Manager, on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for leading the development, maintenance and embedding of the risk management framework, and the planning and execution of the risk assurance program.
• Maintain personal and team knowledge of relevant regulations and best practice about the System of Governance requirements, highlighting developments that may affect the ongoing compliance and effectiveness of the risk framework and advising the business appropriately.
• Based upon company risk profiling, agree with the Director of Risk & Compliance (UK) an appropriate programme of risk assurance activity.
• Implement and report results to the business, the Director of Risk & Compliance and the Governance Committees as required.
• Take a leading role in working with colleagues across the group, to ensure coherence of risk frameworks and the efficiency and effectiveness of group-wide risk response.
• Perform risk analysis to support and inform business planning processes and the evaluation of new business opportunities.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Group Actuarial team, developing a good understanding of the Group’s Capital Modelling requirements and reporting processes.
• Ensure that Risk Management concepts are well understood throughout the UK business; identify gaps in knowledge and provide (or facilitate) provision of additional support, guidance, or formal training as necessary.
• Assist senior management to discharge their responsibilities effectively about risk management.
• Assist business line managers in fulfilling their risk management responsibilities; this includes provision of effective challenge and feedback to Heads of Department about the identification, assessment, and mitigation of risks within their area.
• Provide analysis and management information to inform the Director of Risk & Compliance, reporting to and attending relevant governance meetings.
Key Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a centralised risk management function or similar environment
• In depth knowledge of risk management frameworks and risk & control assessment processes
• Experienced in carrying out risk assurance visits and presenting associated findings
• Good understanding of ORSA / Solvency regulations; Good knowledge of relevant UK Financial Services regulation and legislation
• Well-developed analytical and report writing and presentation skills
• Sound interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Professional qualification in risk management, accountancy, or audit (CII, ACCA, CISI, IRM or equivalent recognised degree level qualification)
• Specialist knowledge of risk responses for one or more key risk areas: cyber security, data protection, financial crime / fraud, regulatory risk, insurance risks
• Experience of applying formal risk modelling techniques
• Experience of developing scenarios and carrying out stress / reverse stress tests
• Experience gained within the insurance industry, specifically general insurance
• Experience of executing capital model validation processes
• Knowledge of the structure and purpose of risk based Internal Audit programmes
• Experience of governance across geographically dispersed operations
• Track record of leading and delivering risk management programmes across a diverse user base
• Understanding of the wider European regulatory environment
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.